Application and Scope
This policy applies to personal information, defined as information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
Information where we have removed any reference to a person, so that the person cannot be reasonably identifiable from the information, is not personal information.
Collection of Information
We collect information about you in one or more of the following ways when:
- you access or use our platform (including lokko.doctor, lokko.physio, lokko.work website, mobile site or apps and all content and data located and generated therein) (“Platform”);
- you register your details with us to use our services, create a listing on our Platform and/or to receive promotions and/or our newsletter;
- you provide any emails, letters or other form of correspondence to us, submit an enquiry with us, call us or post material on our Platform;
- you interact with us on social media;
- you provide us any form of feedback or review;
- we purchase data lists from a commercial provider;
- we obtain information publicly available on websites and social media; or
- your friends or colleagues provide your information as a referral.
The personal information we collect about you is reasonably needed for us to provide you with our products and services and the functional use of our Platform and may include one or more of the following types of information: Name, date of birth, gender, marital status, home and business addresses and telephone numbers, email, employment status and occupation, age group, social network profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, dot.physio and others), APHRA, driver’s licence and your personal interests. We may also collect your financial information such as bank and credit card details if you buy features from us or are required to pay subscription fees.
The majority of information we hold about you will be collected directly from you and you will be informed when we are collecting your information. In some circumstances we may collect information from third party providers or agents, such information collected in this way can include IP addresses and website statistics. If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
You acknowledge that the information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information that you have been authorised to provide to us.
You can request to deal with us anonymously or through a pseudonym, however we may refuse such request where it would be impractical for us to deal with you in this way, such as where you are seeking to join, access or use our Platform, you have a specific enquiry, complaint or feedback, or your true identity is required for legal purposes.
Use of Information
We use your information in one or more of the following ways:
- Provision of products/services
The information we collect from you when you sign up for our services or use our Platform is used for the purpose of:
- providing quality products and services to you;
- allowing use and maximisation of the products or services on our Platform;
- creating and maintaining your account on our Platform; and
We may also be required to use your information to prevent and investigate fraud and/or other illegal activities.
If you have not yet signed up to our Platform but contact us with queries, we use your information to respond to your queries.
If you do not provide your information to us:
- you will be unable to use our Platform;
- we may not be able to provide you with certain products and services or respond to any query, feedback or complaint in the appropriate manner; or
- you may be unable to use our services to their maximum potential.
- Direct marketing
- use your personal information to advise you of our product and service offerings, provide you information on how our Platform can assist you and to seek your feedback and opinion on our Platform and services; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to your listing on our Platform.
When contacting you for direct marketing purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of direct marketing contact in the future.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our related entities, service providers, business partners or other third-party entities if it is necessary for the primary purpose of collecting the information (i.e. enquiries or the provision of our products and services), or for a related secondary purpose, if the disclosure could be reasonably expected;
- to other people or entities who have listings on our Platform, or who enquire about listings on our Platform;
- in conjunction with a sale, merger or other type of transfer of our business;
- to relevant authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties where we have reason to believe that disclosure of such information is required to assist in identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against persons or corporations we suspect of damaging, injuring, or interfering with the rights of use, or any users of the Platform;
- if it’s a ‘permitted general situation’ or ‘permitted health situation’ as required by the Privacy Act;
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so; and
- in any other situation where we may have your express or implied consent to do so.
We do not as a matter of course send personal information overseas, however in some cases, disclosing your information as set out above may mean it is sent to other companies that may be located overseas or store their data in servers located overseas in jurisdictions such as the United States, India or the Philippines. For example, our service provider that allows us to send bulk newsletters has servers located outside of Australia.
Your personal information collected is stored on paper, by electronic means or both. All information submitted to us when signing up to our Platform is stored on our servers located in Australia. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place for the storage of personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However, no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be totally secure and we do not guarantee that personal information is inaccessible by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur.
Access and Correction
You may access or correct your personal information held with us by submitting a written request to us on the contact details listed below. There may be a small charge if the information you requested takes time for us to provide to you or is overly administrative. We also retain the right to deny your request if it falls within one of the grounds stated in Principle 12 of the APPs.
If you wish to complain to us about a breach or suspected breach of your privacy, please lodge a complaint with us in writing addressed to the contact details listed below. Any complaints will be taken seriously, and a contact person will assess your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe. Any further action after our initial response to you will vary depending on the nature of your complaint.
Contact Details for requests, notices and correspondence
Please direct all requests, notices or correspondence to:
The Privacy Officer
Med Estate Pty Ltd
PO Box 5248 Gold Coast Mail Centre Bundall 9726